Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) refers to a scientific process where hormones in women and men at their menopausal or andropausal stages are replaced with new ones in order to prevent the effects of aging and to improve their overall health. In order to go through this process, you’ll need to find an experienced and qualified physician that practices BHRT. In New Jersey a qualified physician will take blood and saliva samples from you and determine what combination of hormones suits you the best. The mixture of hormones is not readily available in pharmaceutical companies since different people require different mixtures of hormones before positive results are visible.
If you are thinking about undergoing Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in NJ or any other state, it is of paramount importance that you only work with a qualified and experienced doctor. While there are many doctors of this kind, not all of them will be skilled for the job. Here are some tips to Finding the Right Doctor for Bioidentical Hormones.
Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Besides being able to reduce the effects of aging, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy comes with a few more benefits to your body. This therapy has been proven to decrease menopausal and andropausal symptoms, increase libido, improve cognitive function and reduce incidences of Alzheimer’s diseases. The treatment is also non-intrusive and can yield great results when done by the right physician.
How to Find The Right Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Physician
- One of the fastest and easiest ways to find BHRT doctors is through the internet of course. Almost all BHRT physicians have some kind of online presence where they are able to showcase their expertise and educate you more on what to expect from the treatment. From the internet, you will be able to learn more about the doctor’s physical address as well as their credentials. However, before settling for any of the doctors you come across, it is important that you meet them in person and ask as many questions as you can about the treatment and the kind of facility they have.
- Another easy way to find BHRT doctors is through friends and relatives. If you have someone close to you that has undergone the procedure with good results, it will be easier for you to get directions to the right specialist. The best part about getting recommendations from friends or relatives is the fact that they will provide you with unbiased information on the right person to visit. They will also be able to tell you what to expect and the kind of changes you need to make for the treatment to work better.
What to Expect from your Physician?
- BHRT doctors undergo extensive training which gives them the ability to evaluate the status of a patient’s hormones and later prescribe the right bioidentical hormones. While it is important that you only get treatment from a qualified and licensed doctor, there are a couple more factors that you need to consider to ensure everything runs smoothly.
- An important thing to consider when looking for a BHRT specialist is their willingness to listen and advice. The doctor should be able to answer all your questions with confidence and provide more assurance. They should ask you detailed questions concerning existing symptoms and conditions, allergies, medications you are currently taking and your medical history. This information is vital when it comes to determining the right hormone combination to use on specific patients.
The doctor should also inform you of any potential risks involved with the procedure before taking you through it. They should be friendly and willing to be with you through the entire process. A physician that gives you undivided attention and monitors you frequently will be right for you. You should therefore only work with someone that provides one-on-one care.
Finally, finding a BHRT physician that focuses solely on regenerative and anti-aging medicine will be a great plus. This is because they are doing this as a full time job and will be more experienced and having one local if you are in New Jersey would be a benefit but not completely necessary at first.